Well, answering this question is not easy, because it all depends on your goals. If you are only interested in keeping in touch with friends, then, of course, all you will have to do is to send them messages or post on their walls etc. on a regular basis.
However, if your aim is to go beyond just keeping in touch with your friends, we may have a few tips for you.
How to use your social networking platforms to boost your sales?
Once you have set up your business or brand, be it an e-commerce or not, you will quickly realize that you will not be able to achieve great goals without advertising. And advertising is all about getting known. Since social media advertising and marketing come with lesser costs than real life marketing and advertising, you should definitely have recourse to them.
- create a profile and make sure it is followed by as many people as possible
- Get followers for your social media. (Example Buy Twitter Followers Cheap from Tweetnfollow)
- try paid advertising. Your profiles, posts, etc will have more visibility and it will help attract new customers.
How to use your social networking platforms to increase your fan following and have more impact or become famous?
Once you have created your profile, no matter which networks you use, it is important to make sure you get the attention you need…
- observe and post wisely. Pay attention of the type of content your fan following likes the most.
- Post the right things, at the right times. Again, observe a lot. Use your fan following as a means to know how you could reach a larger audience. Do not just bombard others with posts, but rather post a few interesting things, at the times your audience is more likely to check your posts.
- Organize contests, ask questions, make your audience participate in whatever you are doing.
How to use your social networking platforms to convey a specific message?
If you want to convey a specific message for example, you should try
- using tools such as groups, pages, etc. as it can be very useful. Publicize your page, be it organically or not. In the beginning, take every little help you get to boost your visibility.
- Check similar groups with similar contents and try to advertise your own page on these groups and page, for example. Also, make sure the message you want to convey is not just redundant, because then, you might attract some attention for a while only but not long term.
Of course, this is not a comprehensive list of all the steps you need to take… but by trying out these tricks, you will surely realize they are useful and this will motivate you in the long run.